[Marketing] Logo for local chapters?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Apr 15 16:10:53 EDT 2009

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I have a sudden/urgent need for a version of the OSGeo logo with some suitable adornment indicating our local chapter (CUGOS) -- did we ever settle on guidelines for doing that?
>
> -mpg

No decision was ever made as far as I know, for now I've been playing it
safe with a logo that looks like a project logo but has the chapter name
 instead of the project.

Example:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/local/California/OSGeo_cachapter.png
(insckape svg for easy editing is in the same folder)

My opinion is that the local chapter logos done any other way should be
different from OSGeo as the OSGeo logo would accompany it on printings
and websites. That's the only way to ensure consistency in branding and
make sure OSGeo is recognizable.

But for now I've just tried to stay simple until we reach a decision.
Alex