[Marketing] OSGeo philosophical support request

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 12 00:44:21 EST 2009

Thanks for the intro Andrea and sorry you weren't able to make the
marketing meeting as you had hope earlier in the week.

I've been quite familiar with much of GFOSS.it work but to learn about
even more is always encouraging.  The local chapter operating it's own
marketing and events is precisely what I hope for them.  In some cases
the younger local chapters need a bit more help getting 'off the ground'
but in some of these other cases they have more well developed
approaches than the rest of us :)

As I noted earlier, local chapters have much freedom and can be the
representation of OSGeo on the ground at any time by using a local
chapter logo, etc.  We are still quite young as an organisation (<4
years) and I'm sure there are even more useful tips and ideas out there
in the minds of local chapter members - keep them coming! :)

Best wishes,
Tyler