[Marketing] Re: Marketing Digest, Vol 20, Issue 11

David Jonglez david.jonglez at camptocamp.com
Mon Jun 1 07:48:15 EDT 2009

marketing-request at lists.osgeo.org a écrit :
> Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:36:25 -0700
> From: "Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org>
>

> Thanks for describing it further.  This reminded me of the "Intel
> Inside" strategy of getting branding onto computers that used their
> chip.  The idea of having an OSGeo Inside sort of logo has been
> kicked around a bit before.  I think it would be a great way to
> implement a similar concept.  Do you think something like that would
> help in the way you describe?
>
> Tyler

Yes of course, it would.

To answer completly your first question, here is the criteria on wich
applications could be evaluated to pretend being labelled by OSGeo ?

1- mains values hold by OSGeo

    * Mutualization : does the application federate local, national or
      international actors ? Do they mutualized their developpment /
      methodology / ... ? How ?
    * Openess : does the application use and promote FOSS4G ? Does the
      project organisation is open for new actors ?
    * Transparency : How it's hold by the project ?
    * ...

2- Technical criteria :

    * Applications based on non forked OSGeo components
    * Generic functionnalities commited in OSGeo components
    * Compatibility with SVN OSGeo components
    * ...

3- OSGeo communities links with the project

4- Other criterias :

    * Viability of the project : who finance it ? Futur plan for the
      project ?
    * Visibility of the project : marketing plan ?
    * ...

Any comments ?

David