[Marketing] Ok, I'm here, what should we talk about. (5 year direction)

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 30 15:55:08 EDT 2009

Welcome Bob,
For some background, the main marketing project I had on my plate this past
year has been to develop some various material - mostly for hardcopy output
ultimately.

This project is 90% complete, awaiting also a final wrap-up delivery of all
contents combined and an overview guide showing off each component, likely
in the next week or so. Until then:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Material_Samples

Then we'll get a couple things printed for distribution, and others
on-demand, e.g. for local chapters.

Once I've got all the final files, I'd like to make them customisable
through a web interface - so they can be translated and resized, but then
also output as PDF for people to print in their locale.

That's what's on my plate - we haven't discussed the idea of tech demo, etc.
on this list so far, but it is a good idea and I'd gladly add it as one of
our active projects if there is enough traction.  I'm sure there are enough
of us here to give feedback :)

Tyler