[Marketing] Use of modified OSGeo logo

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 23:41:44 EDT 2010

Tyler,
Someone has brought it to my attention that the OSGeoLive project [1] is
breaking OSGeo Acceptable Logo Usage requirements [2] by modifying the
logo (with a blue heart, and words "Live").

I remember seeing similar discussion of modified use of the logo for
local chapters, and for a consensus that it should be encouraged, but it
seems this feeling has not made it into official documentation.

Can you please confirm that it is ok us to use the OSGeoLive logo as per
[1].
Could you please let us know whether there is any process in place to
update [2].

[1] http://live.osgeo.org/

[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/export/2914/marketing/guidelines/v2/branding_guide.pdf

--