[Marketing] OSGeo sponsorship/participation in WhereCampEU

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 13:01:14 EST 2010

Dear Marketing List,

I'm writing to ask if OSGeo would like to sponsor WhereCampEU, http://wherecamp.eu/blog/. It's in London on March 12th-13th. I have created a "proposed event" wiki page for it: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WhereCampEU.

I'm not involved in it in any way, other than as an attendee, but I think it would be a good conference/event in terms of raising OSGeo's profile in the wider geo-community in Europe and particularly in the UK. It's already gathering a lot of interest amongst the blogs and twitter. The great and good (and hip/cool) of the UK geo crowd will be there, and most of them will not have had much exposure to OSGeo (unless they've seen me speak).

Sponsorship seems reasonable, and you get a logo on their website and t-shirt, as well as a free ticket. The specific page on sponsoring is here: http://wherecamp.eu/blog/2010/01/wherecamp-eu-needs-you/

As I said, I will be attending (I managed to get a free ticket when they released some in December), so will be happy to do what I can for OSGeo regardless of the decision on sponsorship- although I'd feel happier taking along some marketing material if OSGeo was sponsoring :-).

Feel free to get in touch if you need more information

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development
Oxford Archaeology (North)