[Live-demo] Re: [Marketing] Marketing artefacts, subversion directories, and source formats

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun May 16 06:31:46 EDT 2010

This is certainly getting closer, but I'll add a couple more issues
which would be highly desirable.

1. Fixed layout:
* I believe each Project Overview should be limited to 1 page, including
an image. Working in word, a writer can easily see whether they are over
the page max or not. With a wiki, you need to go through the PDF
creation to verify page size (which while un-desirable, is an acceptable
work around).

2. Cut-and-Paste
There are going to be lots of cases where people will want to
cut-and-paste from overview documents into other marketing material. Eg:
copying all relevant overviews into a Technology Comparison paper, or
copying Project Overviews of all projects which support a particular OGC
standard, for an OGC Standard Overview.

The doc that you copy into will probably have its own formatting
requirements.

Cut and paste from a Word doc to Word/Open Office doc is relatively
easy. Copy from PDF to anything else is painful, because all the
header/footer information and hard CRs are copied too, and all
formatting needs to be reapplied.
Copying from HTML may be easier. But again I don't think formatting
copies across well.