[Marketing] Event listing (was: [Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Which 2011 conferences should we distribute OSGeo-Live DVDs at?])

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Oct 29 04:07:21 EDT 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Arnulf,
> Thanks for the reminder, I agree that we should consolidate this event
> information.
>
> What is required by event organisers, and the osgeo-live team, is a
> chronological list of upcoming events. To achieve this currently from
> the wiki, you would need to dig through 20 or so web pages, which is not
> practical.

Cameron,
Marketing and the broader OSGeo commnuity need some place to plan and
afterwards document events. The Wiki seems to be the right place to do
this.

Any ideas how can we improve the linkage between the OSGeo news and the
Wiki?

- From a web strategic point of view we might also want to keep visitors
on our own pages instead of sending them right over to the external
event pages where there might not be any more mention of OSGeo.

More mature Local Chapters are also starting to take over some more
responsibilities, linking to them from OSGeo and back is also important.
I have no idea how to improve this.

Arnulf