[Marketing] Some opportunities

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 4 15:38:17 EDT 2011

Just an FYI - I'm working on a letter and/or full page ad for use in the FOSS4G on-site program.  If anyone wants to collaborate on it, let me know and we can work on it in Google docs.  It has to go in today probably.

Likewise, one of our FOSS4G media sponsors, Professional Surveyor magazine, has given us the opportunity to share 1200 words in a company profile.  Anyone interested in working with them on that.  Again, a short deadline of course ;)

Another related item on the media side.. I drafted this for discussion at the board and have a few things to add after comments they gave this morning, but also wanted to put it pass the committee here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Media_Sponsorship

I have 3-5 potential sponsors already lined up, but obviously to do it effectively we need to be able to feed the pipeline.  Looking for suggestions and ideas for how to get that pipeline loaded.

Hope that's inspiring at least.  Lurkers welcome to join in!