[Marketing] Local Chapter T-Shirts web store

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 2 07:17:21 EST 2011

On 1 January 2011 21:19, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jorge,
> I love the design idea of "<osgeo lang="ES">".
>
> I can't see there being any issue with printing and selling shirts with an
> OSGeo-Logo on it.
> I see it as being the same principle as Open Source Software.
> You can charge for the packaging and distributing of the software/shirt, but
> not for the software/logo design.
>
> I do notice that the Spanish logo is different to the OSGeo logo. I'm
> personally in favour of allowing regions to create new logos from the base
> osgeo logo, but there has been some unresolved discussion around the use of
> variant logos.

The previous t-shirt has the official logo.

Just for clarification, the OSGeo-ES logo is a variant of the official
logo with a background similar to the (shaving bowl) helmet of Don
Quijote[1], as he is a very well known icon of the Spanish Language.
This logo was selected from some proposals[2] some months ago.

Best

[1] http://www.google.es/images?q=bac%C3%ADa
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Logo_de_OSGeo-ES

--