[Marketing] Meeting today

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 14 12:16:44 EDT 2011

Hi all, it's been a somewhat quiet spring and kick off to summer for some of us, but I know many of us have been very busy.  I won't be able to attend a meeting today as I'm preparing to head out of town.  But you are still welcome to meet in IRC at our usual time.  Things should calm down for me in a couple weeks and July meeting should be a good one to aim for.  As always, just email or skype me to chat about anything anytime (skype: spatialguru).

A few marketing points from past couple months
* 3 more local chapters have pop-up banners they used at recent events
* sent a few thousand more brochures/cards and foss4g ads/posters to 4-5 events
* we ran at least 3 booths in Mar-Apr
* sent near to 1,000 Live DVDs to various events globally, more to come.

These are draft numbers off the top of my head, will get some more solid ones shortly :)

Hope that helps!