[Marketing] request for marketing materials

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Mar 21 02:38:56 EDT 2011

Yes, we'll have a formal booth at the formal conference (GIS In Action).

The unconference that we put on doesn't have booths, but some materials will be useful there as well.

I think that the brochures and info cards will work well.  Do the brochures and cards get dated?  (i.e. how long can we use them before they no longer present valid information?) If they will be useful for at least one year, then how about 150?  If they will only be useful for a period of time shorter than one year, then let's go conservative at 75.  I'll get you a name and address later this week.

Where is the file for the pop-up?  I'll try plotting that.  Where would I get the assembly hardware?

Thanks, Eli

>>> "Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org> 03/20/11 9:48 PM >>>
You'll have some sort of booth at the event?  What kind of stuff would you like to get?  I think we don't have enough time for anything too sophisticated - but I could order some brochures and small info cards if that would help - just give me a name and address for shipping them.  How many would be good?

We don't have a standard way of coordinating these requests, but since we get only a few of them I think we can keep handling them ad hoc.  I use a great online service for printing and shipping locally - that is for basic printing items anyway.  See http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Material_Samples for a few of the things we have available - mainly the "brochure" and "sponsor" postcard.  We can do a great pop-up banner too - but have to use a different print service - Fedex Kinkos works well, or anyone who can use the file we have on hand for it.

We don't make any commitment to furnish all local chapters with material, but having it available is our aim - so local chapters can get it printed somehow.  Ideally, they'd raise a bit of their funds and then get a full pack of material.   That would help OSGeo a lot as our budget for printing, banners, etc. is actually pretty small - especially when you roll in the 2-3 more costly booths we do each year.

Hope that helps, let me know more what your needs are.
Best wishes,
Tyler