[Marketing] AAG outreach

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue May 10 18:02:13 EDT 2011

> Further to Alex's comments, I suggest writing an article for magazines
> that AAG members read, talking about what sort of things they can expect
> to see at FOSS4G. What applications they should expect to see talked
> about, etc.
>
> I wrote a number of these articles in 2009, which you can see here:
> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2009/documents/propaganda/articles/

As an observer, I really noticed FOSS4G 2009 more so than 2010 or even 2011.  It seemed I was always hearing about FOSS4G 2009 from all directions.  It was indeed Cameron making much of the noise, but it propagated well such that I ran into it in many places.  Planet was very frequently about FOSS4G 2009.

Eli