[Marketing] Re: [Board] Fwd: RE: Open Source track for Geospatial World Forum 2012

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Nov 18 04:44:30 EST 2011

Folks from Conference, Education, Marketing,
sorry for all this messy cross posting, but I am just not sure where
this event belongs. Thoughts?

I will continue only on the Conference list from now on (until they kick
me out of there for inappropriateness). Please join that list if you are
interested in helping out.

Megha,
I put together a short blurb, here goes:

The Open Source track will give an insight to the legal, technical and
business perspectives of Open Source in the geospatial domain. It will
highlight the role of the OSGeo Foundation with respect to highest
quality software and security of investment into Open Source. In the
technical talks industry representatives will present off-the-shelf Open
Source solutions ready to use in any environment. Geospatial
practitioners will present their use cases with best-of-breed Open
Source software and show how to maximize return on investment.

I also started a Wiki page [1] where we will collate everythign else we
need. Please give me the link to the corresponding page on your web site
so that we can start to advertize the event, add it to our calendar, etc.

If we want to have a consistent track with the content as described in
the short description above we will have to clearly express which talks
we want to invite.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Arnulf.