[Marketing] Hello Fellow *Evil* Marketers

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 4 15:46:03 EDT 2011

Glad you made it on Josh :)  And Michael and Peter too.

As you all know, I'm trying to hand off some of my tasks as I leave OSGeo.
As a result I will be giving up my role as Marketing committee chair, anyone
else interested in taking the helm?

The next steps in my head are:
* secure a budget
* align plans with new board strategy for outreach
* keep momentum going before/after FOSS4G

I'm happy to answer any marketing related questions but in a nutshell here's what
I've had on my plate or at least in the back of my head.  If you are interested in any particular
items, please holler :)  Note not all these things were not done on a regular basis, but they
were on my list and many items were a team effort, not just about me:

- Committee
    Chair Marketing Committee, plan meetings
    Identify priorities – events, material
    Coordinate with volunteers
    Design and host material
    Coordinate with designers as required
    Coordinate printing, shipment, payment of material for events
    Maximizing OSGeo benefit from all events we are at
    Prioritising event related spending

- Events
    Help coordinate OSGeo's presence at events
    Speak as the OSGeo rep/contact
    Plan OSGeo booth – material, manpower
    Coordinate presentations for events
    Plan special meetings with stakeholders
    Help FOSS4G chair
    Serve on FOSS4G LOC
    Drive sponsors to FOSS4G
    Get OSGeo sponsorship needs in front of many eyes

Hope that makes some sense!
Talk to you soon,
Tyler