[Marketing] Application for funds

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 5 03:04:30 EDT 2012

On 12-04-04 11:44 PM, Willy Bakker wrote:
> I agree with Eli and Jeroen: a starter kit would be great.
> The GWF will take place the last week of this month. How soon can I expect an
> answer from the OSGeo board regarding the application for funds? Time is
> running out. If it takes a long time to come up with an answer, we'll inform
> the GWF exhibition committee that we do not require a booth at the conference
> exhibition. Still, for the next event (June 28th) we also are in need of good
> marketing materials.

Folks,

The OSGeo Budget for 2012 can be found at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9Xf1ehZXz-dE5mdDZsZkNOOW8yTU5vbWpzeVd0X3c#gid=0

We really need a better link to this!  It includes $5000 USD for
marketting to spend on events support, and $10000 USD for a "new
contents initiative" (preparing new marketing materials like
white papers).

Spending within these limits does not require further approval from
the board.  It can be decided by the Marketing committee.  While it
hasn't been all that operational recently the last set of members is
available at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee_Members

Perhaps one of those members would be interested in raising a motion which
could be discussed a bit and then voted on?

While I am not a member, I think the request is reasonable.  I'm just
tempted to ask that the OSGeo.nl folks be willing to loan out the
materials to other nearby OSGeo chapters or events if needed.  Note that
at $1200 USD it would represent roughly 1/4 of the available events
budget.

Best regards,