[Marketing] Re: [Local-chapters] Exhibition Starter Pack

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Apr 20 14:04:57 EDT 2012

Maning,
additionally it would be great if you could add the events to the OSGeo
Wiki and send the link to it here. This will help to maintain our events
list and shows that the funds are invested in a sensible way. Thanks for
the extra work.

If it is not clear to you how events work [1] and how they should be
maintained in the Wiki, then please also let this list know (I actually
expect that we need to flesh this out and make it easier).

Best regards,
Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Event_Management
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Events

On 04/20/2012 06:31 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Maning,
>
> Have you found local sources to buy the materials from? Do you have a
> price estimate on how much it would cost in US $? Once we get that info
> I think we can vote on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 04/19/2012 08:04 PM, maning sambale wrote:
>> On behalf of  OSGeo Philippines, we would like to request for the
>> Exhibition Pack materials.
>>
>> I (maning) will be participating in several conferences/workshops in
>> the coming months.  It would be nice to bring along these exhibit
>> materials in these events.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo)
>> <arnulf at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> the Marketing Committee [1] has decided to provide some limited funds
>>> for emerging Local Chapters who would like to to appear at a major event
>>> (conference, trade fair, etc) and represent OSGeo and need exhibition
>>> material. If you need a pop-up banner with OSGeo logo, table cloth, or
>>> other non-consumables to equip a booth please feel free to revert to the
>>> Marketing Committee for further information. To get an idea of what this
>>> is check the Exhibition Pack [2]  page in the Wiki.
>>>
>>> We are as new to this as you are, so please do not expect that
>>> everything will work out right away, maybe we run out of funds quickly.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Arnulf Christl
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing
>>> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack