[Marketing] Marketing meeting summary

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:12:10 EDT 2012

Hello all,

Many thanks for including me in the Marketing comitee.
i am very glad to join, and i hope i can help and contribute soon.

I am sorry i missed the last meeting, but it was really early here, JST
time (05:30 AM, huuu!)
Thanks for the summary Arnulf.

Cameron, yes i've mentionned my interest about the OSGeo website possible
improvements.
I think the Foundation would need a better webdesign and web presence, in
order to attract even more users, developers and sponsors.
I think that some other software foundations have great websites and use of
social networks, and OSGeo should put more energy on this.

My first ideas are as follow:

- I can may be propose a new design for the website in near future, based
on a more modern and visual UI.
- I'd also like to see more advertizing about Projects themselves, right
from the home page (not only links, but may be projects logos...)
- Because there is a lot of content from many sources, i think we should
organize it better (News from Projetcs, OSGeo journal, Blogs, Pictures...)
- As OSGeo is using Trac massively, and because some partners and I are
using a modified version of Trac as a full-featured and multi-language CMS,
i'd like to suggest to use it for OSGeo too.

Anyway, please tell me if the comitee would be interested in such a new
design test, and i would be happy to work on this during my free time soon.

Best regards,

Nick