[Marketing] Cleaning up the Marketing Exhibition Pack

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:36:00 EDT 2012

So that we can quickly respond to requests for funds for a Marketing
Exhibition Pack, I've been looking over our existing page here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack
This has 2 tables in it, and descriptions of different items, all of
which could be simplified into one easier to maintain and understand table.

Also, I think that we can probably revise what is required for this pack
now that we have a solid OSGeo-Live DVD we can reference.

In particular:
* We don't need a book of project descriptions, as we can point people
at OSGeo-Live running on a laptop.
* If we don't have all the paper on the stand, then we don't need a
literature stand.
* I'm not convinced a $200 OSGeo branded table skirt looks any better
than a $20 table cloth that most people would have at home and could
bring with them.

So I've updated what I think the Marketing Pack should include in a
spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RcHU5MDE0Z3lienJlWUtkVjgtV1FfU0E#gid=0

And if I don't hear any objections in the next couple of days, I plan to
remove most of the content from the Exhibition_Pack wiki and just point
the the google doc spreadsheet.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager