[Marketing] Feedback incorporated into the OSGeo Advocate template

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 18 00:21:03 PDT 2012

On 17 June 2012 07:21, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> PS:
> OSGeo Advocate URL: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate
>
> And template here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Template
>

> On 17/06/12 15:18, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Thanks to everyone who has tested out the OSGeo Advocate template. You
>> have provided some nice ideas and improvements.
>>
>> I've incorporated what I think is the best of everything into the master
>> template, and have applied to my own profile.
>>
>> In particular:
>> * I've adjusted order of headings
>> * I've added some new icons, and provided guidance on how to use them
>> * Icons now moved to be next to "OSGeo Experience"
>> * I've provided "max word limits" to writing sections, and guidance on how
>> to write (eg: use third person)
>>
>> Could you all please update your profiles, and speak up if you think there
>> are any issues.
>>
>> I intend to send an email to the osgeo-discuss email list on Wed 20 June,
>> inviting the rest of the OSGeo community to add their profiles, and it will
>> be really good to have example profiles from the marketing committee to use
>> as examples.

Hi,

I'm quite comfortable with current template, I've updated mine to your
final tweaks and looks pretty well. The User: page now provides the
minimum information to know about what I do at OSGeo and the complete
profile expands it with a couple of details and more wording.

I like the idea of having a common and predictable profile that could
be inserted on ony conference program, so you can point anyone there.

Well done Cameron, thanks!

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org