[Marketing] [Board] Press release process

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:40:58 PST 2012

On 01/12/12 07:22, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
> <snip>.. What we should learn from this is that we must communicate
> this kind of information more actively.
>
> Maybe this is a new task for our reborn Outreach committee? I'd be
> happy to pick up these things and post them through regular community
> channels.
>
> What do you think?

With regards to general OSGeo communication, I propose that we consider
doing something similar to the OSGeo-Live project. The OSGeo Live
process is:

1. Someone drafts up a press release into a press release wiki page
2. Others are given a day or two to review
3. Press release is copied into an email to relevant lists (usually
osgeo-discuss) and sometimes also copied into blog post(s).

OSGeo-Live press releases are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Press_Releases

--
Cameron Shorter