[Marketing] OSGeo and micro payments

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:45:30 PDT 2013

Daniel,
It concerns me that OSGeo is not set up to pay micro payments. (I
understand each payment costs $30?)
I think that it is important for the marketing committee to be able to
spend its $10,000 budget in $100 to $500 amounts, which equates to ~ 50
payments. (At $30/payment, that is $1500, or 15% of our budget).

I question the value we are getting from our banker if we have this sort
of cost, and suggest that we investigate alternatives.
Are there strong reasons for continuing with our current situation of
$30 transaction fees?

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager