[Marketing] [Board] Micro payments

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed May 22 12:54:33 PDT 2013

Bob,
I've been distracted and dropped the ball on this thread. I'm back on it
now.

What I meant to say a few weeks back is thanks for your offer. It would
be great if you could do some research into printing/shipping options
and provide us with a recommendation.

On 9/05/2013 11:05 AM, Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> I often wondered about why these weren't just all run off at once and
> shipped out to the different events as needed.  first come, first
> serve sort of idea.  Easier to mange too, reserve some amount for
> pressing, some amount for shipping, and that's it for the funding
> cycle (unless more funding comes along).
>
> When you are to factor in all this charge back handling stuff it
> starts to get real expensive overhead wise.  Even if you went the
> route of having regional printings, I would bet it would still be
> cheaper than sending the money out to each group and having them press
> their own items.
>
> I could find a local entity here that might be in a poistion to handle
> this type of thing. . .
>
> Anyway, just food for thought.
>
> bobb
>

>> Hi Cameron,
>>
>> I have to admit that you caught me off-guard, the list is more
>> impressive than I thought before reviewing it.  :-)
>>
>> I still find that having to deal with funding DVDs for so many events
>> can be an issue. It is not just about processing micro-payments, you
>> also need to collect and archive proofs that the expense you are
>> reimbursing is legitimate (i.e. receipts) for OSGeo's accounting. I
>> have seen how complicated this can be with just the Local chapter
>> starter kits, imagine doing this for ~100 DVD print runs all around
>> the world.

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050