[Marketing] OSGeoLive DVDs for FOSS4G-FR 2014 ?

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 02:50:35 PDT 2014

Dear marketing committee, list

As you may know, the first ever francophone FOSS4G regional event [1] will
take place next month in Paris, France (May 20th-22nd).
FOSS4G-FR 2014 is organized by the francophone local chapter and it is
shaping pretty well with 10 sponsors and an interesting program [2].

The event LOC is planing to get an OSGeo booth during the conference in
order to communicate better on the Foundation, its projects and our chapter.
OSGeo-fr already has some items that could be compared to the Exhibition
pack [3]. I think we have the OSGeo black banner and a few remaining
goodies, and we are preparing an OSGeo-fr kakemono to put on the booth. The
LOC is also printing OSGeo welcome bags, pens, badges and stickers for
about 300 participants.

So this is not a request for an exhibition pack, but we are wondering if
the marketing committee could provide us with OSGeoLive DVDs.
Would it be possible to get them funded and shipped by OSGeo ?

If yes, what would be the procedure to follow please ?
If yes, how many DVDs could we target ?
If yes, would that be possible before one month (including shipping) ?

Many thanks in advance for any hint

Best regards,

On behalf of the FOSS4G-FR 2014 LOC,
Nicolas Bozon