[Marketing] [Board] division of responsibilities between marketing and board committees

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 02:27:41 PDT 2016

Hi Marc,
Thanks for stepping up.
Yes, I'd be happy to answer questions about what has been done in the
past to help avoid re-inventing the wheel, and provide pointers if
appropriate.

Bottle necks we have is:

1. Criteria for what OSGeo considers worth sponsoring should be updated
(or completely re-written).

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee#Current_Marketing_Activities
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack#Getting_an_Exhibition_Pack

2. Process for requesting, approving and allocating funding be put in
place. Previously this involved putting a request to vote from the
marketing email list.

3. Process for paying for activities/items be put in place. Previously
this involved the Marketing Chair telling OSGeo Treasurer to pay
someone. This was a time consuming process, and cost OSGeo $30 per
transaction to write a cheque. This process could be improved.

I'll answer Helena's email separately.

Warm regards, Cameron