[Marketing] seeking a mandate 2

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 22:08:03 PST 2016

> > Are you interested in taking part Eli?
>
> I don't think so.  I'm more focused on the Conference Committee.
>
> Also, my Marketing ideas are not that sophisticated.  I've long been a
> proponent of no-cost or subsidized-cost OSGeo Logo materials (i.e.
> OSGeo should fund the printing and distribution of as many OSGeo
> laptop stickers as people are willing to put on laptops.  And to some
> extent t-shirts too.  Also booth material for Local Chapters.)  I've
> seen big impacts come from relatively small investments like funding
> stickers and pizza at Local Chapter meetings.

These are all good ideas - indeed exactly the kind of thing discussed in
the marketing meeting.

I think the vision was a website to order "osgeo in a box" with what was
needed for a conference or local event.

My marketing ideas are also not sophisticated, I would like the "services
providers" to have better represented (since they employ so many of us) in
a format that highlight what they do in the community.