[Marketing] Guidelines for marketing activities for local/regional chapters?

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Nov 22 07:03:12 PST 2016

Dear OSGeo marketing gurus,

I've read from wiki a couple of times pages relevant to marketing and
OSGeo Live, and followed this and OSGeo Live mailing lists.

We are ready to translate OSGeo Live as soon as it's possible. So this
is not a problem only question when can we start.
Although to make DVD's and/or USB sticks is an open questions as we
don't have supporters as we haven't had
any marketing material so to finance productions is questionable.
Probably we can fix this too.

The real questions is how to produce OSGeo flyer. Templates & co seem to
be quite old (2006) and thus I'm not ready
to start any activities to translate that if they are not expressed to
be uptodate.
Question of Exhibition Pack, wiki says - nearing completion, is
interesting as we would need those things at least 3 times per year
both in our own events (FOSS4G-FIN twice annually, one general and one
smaller for developers,and  QGIS, PostGreSQL+PostGIS Meetups) and for
general public events like national GEO-expo. Obvious "Demonstration DVD
ongoing" mentioned on wiki is OSGeo Live, see above.
Also other brochures etc. could be produced.

Wiki pages are not clear to get status and understanding!

I hope You could give me some info before tomorrow 2200 (UTC) so that I
could tell something to our board and we discusss at open
Christmas Geobeers on Thusday evening also with other members and our
private supporters (I've to travel early Thu morning to Helsinki).

Those most relevant questions;
1. What is the estimate date we can start OSGeo Live translation process?
2. What is the situation of OSGeo flyer, what are the recommended
guidelines to translate it?

All this our work is done totally voluntarily. It would also be nice if
there would be some estimates of time to be used fro e.g. translations.
This (OSGeo Live and flyer) is maybe not problem for us but for some
other local chapters.

Cheers,
Kari Salovaara
OSGeo Finland