[Marketing] marketing committee guidelines

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:00:53 PST 2016

So if I understand our meeting correctly:

1) bi-weekly hangouts; guests welcome but committee members vote
2) membership - TBD. Suggestion use email request to enter / leave the
committee (see incubation committee)
3) voting: TBD

We have a couple options of how to voting:

a) -1 is an objection, votes can still pass by majority.
b) -1 blocks requiring further discussion, each -1 requires an complete
alternative proposal (see geoserver psc
<http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/policies/psc.html#process>
process for example).

And format:
a) Email set time period / requiring quorum to ensure participation
(see incubation
committee <http://www.osgeo.org/incubator> for 50% of members feedback over
two week voting period)
b) Meeting (Skype/Hangout/IRC) voting requiring a quorum etc...

Crazy ideas:
-  How about an "active committee" / "no tourist" policy - to be a voting
member you need to take responsibility for something (branding, website,
event material, etc...). This is similar to the original "geotools module
maintainer" setup.