[Marketing] seeking a mandate

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:39:19 PST 2016

Figured I would start this conversation here on the marketing email list,
and then we can move over to the board list when we have something:

>From meeting notes it was hard to make decisions without a mandate, but
when we started looking at a budget for 2017 things became real clear in a
hurry ...

mandate:
1) osgeo outreach (focused on growing our community with new users)
2) establish a marketing stratagy for 2017
3) support ongoing activities / events like last year
(marketing collateral, marketing handbook)
4) website reboot (by boston 2017 event)

There are lots of details we are enthusiastic about (for example what is
inside website reboot); but for a mandate we are looking for *confirmation of
our responsibility ... not direction on how we meet it.*