[Marketing] Application from Astrid Emde and preliminaire agenda Marketing Committee

Marc VLOEMANS marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 08:21:29 PDT 2016

Welcome Astrid,

Thank you for wanting to join this illustrous bunch. I am obliged to ask
the other members if they have any objection, beforehand.
In case nobody of the committee has objection in the upcoming 7 days, you
can add your name to the members-list in the wiki
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee
Next to Cameron's +1, you have my +1 as well. Working with you regarding
the FOSS4G2016 booth/OSGeo Live sticks was a pleasant and efficiƫnt
experience. Not in the least with your can-do menatility.

We are in the process of reviving the committee with new and active
members, firefighting a legacy of neglect, taking a some actions as the
show must go on, while setting up a marketing strategy for the near/medium
future.

I will use your list of things to do (really nice outside-in
view/observations!) as a first committee agenda, put it into the wiki and
add my comments and items (
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_to-do_2016/2017)
@all: please feel free to add, comment and - above all - put your name as
the 'responsible' where you will take the initiative!

We have not yet established a meeting schedule, but with the committee in
its new form I will send out an invite for a first Skype meet (or IRC
anybody?).

Sorry for the un-techie lay-out of the Marketing to-do wikipage....will do
so in a later stage when more time available. For now I have focussen on
updating the Marketing Committee main page with links to various other docs.

Kind regards,

Marc Vloemans

Mobile +31(0)651 844262
LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcvloemans