[Marketing] [FOSS4G2016] Closing tasks

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:26:47 PDT 2016

Hi All

Gert Jan and I are preparing final mail from 'Bonn' to thank, acknowledge etc and give the Mailchimp list the opportunity to opt-out before handing over the account to OSGeo (for continuity) and Boston for 2017
This will provide infrastructure for future LOC's and a valuable asset to the Foundation.

@Till: any suggestions for this last mail shot?

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

> [...]
>
> Indeed we are in the process of "tidying up after" ...
>
> To your points:
> 1) already in work
> 2) s.a.
> 3) we paid it from the conference budget anyhow. We are working on getting all financial stuff together and report it (and transfer some money) to OSGeo in thge following weeks. With that, we are already on a good way.
> 4) as said /done with the note, that we might make use of it for some minor things in the following weeks.
> 5) we meet anyhow every month, the sunday thing was because we havd people from not BONN in LOC. But we'll meet again and will never forget this nice days in August 2016 ;-)
>
> Regards, Till
>

> Am 2016-09-03 00:16, schrieb Guido Stein:
>> Fyi - Till has shared the twitter account credentials with me and we
>> will update the account profile towards the end of the month. We are
>> also processing after an amazing event and will ramp up with marketing
>> later this month.
>>
>> Thanks again to Jeff, for keeping the ball rolling, and Till , for
>> being so proactive.
>>
>> Guido
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 15:46 Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
>> [7]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello 2016 team,
>>>
>>> At the end of each FOSS4G, its important to take a few moments and
>>> make
>>> sure that important information is archived and shared, for future
>>> FOSS4G local committees (yes I send this message each year, some
>>> listen
>>> to me, some do not).
>>>
>>> Till, you must have been psychic, because this morning when I woke
>>> up I
>>> made some tasks for 2016, and one of them I see you are tackling
>>> this
>>> afternoon (lessons learned).  Great minds think alike :)
>>>
>>> 1) Lessons Learned Wiki
>>>
>>> Its important to fill in any of your thoughts (and this applies to
>>> everyone involved in the local organizing team, not only the
>>> chair). The
>>> template is online (Till made a good hack on it today), but others
>>> from
>>> all committees are invited to add to it (program committee,
>>> workshop
>>> committee, code sprint committee, volunteer committee, etc).
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Lessons_Learned [1] Feel
>>> free to add
>>> any sections that are missing.  (login with your OSGeo user ID,
>>> which
>>> you can create at http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid [2]  That page
>>> also has
>>> links to reset your password etc.)
>>>
>>> 2) Archive documents through OSGeos SVN repository
>>>
>>> Ive been archiving FOSS4G documents, since 2004, at
>>> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/ [3]  It has become a great
>>> resource for
>>> logos, past sponsor documents, program templates; but some years
>>> empty (chairs did not agree with my insistence I guess ha).