[Marketing] printing status update

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:47:39 PDT 2017

Okay a cheerful status update after all the moving parts last week.

We had a bit of drama porting our A3/A4 content over to north american
letter sizes. While this was costed for the the contract the time required
stressed me out. Along the way all the feedback from the foss4ge code
sprint was incorporated (thanks Luca and Pim for working on that).

A couple work colleges really helped out, Torben from the geoserver project
spent a couple hours after everyone was done triple checking everything.
Noticing things like narrow letters "i" and "l" being missing! And Peter
Wheeler who had experience and contracts printing shopping around and
handling the final order for us. If you see these folks at foss4g please
thank them on our behalf.

At this point we have used around $1300 of our $1500 budget, and we have
one last thing left on our shopping list:

*1) Stickers *- Jeffrey Johnson is ordering via Sticker Mule

$200-$300 using up our remaining budget

And then we get into a budget request.

*2) Additional Information Sheets *- Luca has inspired the creation of way
more information sheets then the two we planned for. While some have been
printed above I expect more to come in, perhaps even during the course of
the event.  I highly recommend we take advantage of this enthusiasm and
print these locally (guido supplied the name of a printer) in batches of
100.  Luca had an action item to email the list asking for additional
budget, I am taking this opportunity to ask on his behalf.

Looks like staples in boston does 150 copies at 0.32 a page =  $48

I would like to *request additional budget of upto $500 for project
information sheets* -  that would be enough to cover ten additional
projects doing information sheets, possibly during the course of the
conference.

*3) T-Shirts - *Get Interactive is making some "I am an OSGeo contributor
<https://invis.io/ZCBA3XH54#/246932784_Tshirt-Osgeo-2>" shirts with the new
branding, in a limited run for people who have been helping.

They look great - and we have an anonymous commitment to split the cost of
printing project-specific t-shirts. "I am an OSGeo QGIS Contributor", "I am
an OSGeo GeoServer contributor" etc... I think that this is a fun idea to
promote the new brand at the event (but I recognize there is not much time
even if there is a generous offer).

With this in mind I would like to request *additional budget up to $750 to
split the cost of tshirts. *We did raise slightly more than planned for the
website/rebranding initiative, perhaps we can use these funds to chase down
this fun idea.