[Marketing] results of today's chat

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jan 4 13:15:48 PST 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your thoughts echo my concern Eli - could I ask you to send them to the
> board email list?

I'm not on the Board list and think that it would be more effective
coming as feedback from the Marketing Committee (and should largely be
up to the Marketing Committee).

> Did anyone have thoughts specifically on the "Digital asset rebranding and
> website reboot" text?

Sorry to bring up a tangential item on the thread.  Getting back to
what you wrote:

I have drafted a call for sponsorship
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/11rRUw75YgUNjP_9w2ElsGuGr9T8v4kD5Gfh9-wxFzhE/edit)
that includes "Digital asset rebranding and website reboot" as an
initiative for sponsorship. My description could use your feedback:

> Digital asset rebranding and website reboot: The marketing committee has volunteered to undertake an EOI process to revamp the OSGeo visual and online presence in 2017. This is significant user-focused undertaking that would greatly benefit from your support!

I would love to have a wiki page, or a draft EOI, to link to (similar
to how I can link to the foss4g europe, foss4g boston and code sprint
websites).

The board meeting is tomorrow, I expect the above document to be sent
out at that time.

"This is ****a**** significant user-focused undertaking that would
greatly benefit from your support!"  You forgot an "a" (or remove "is"
and rework).

"This is a significant user-focused undertaking that would greatly
benefit from your support!"  Might sounds a little passive although it
does keep the rebranding as the subject.  You could try different
orders like:

"Your (valuable) support assists (enables? allows?) significant
user-focused undertakings such as the digital asset rebranding and
website reboot"

You've got the important components covered so what you've got or
similar should be good.

Best regards, Eli