[Marketing] results of today's chat

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:27:57 PST 2017

+1 on "subject to board approval", but I think that it is important to
provide guidelines on what is and is not acceptable. Otherwise it makes
it very hard for future boards to assess whether a sponsor is suitable
or not. You don't want to be publicly discussing whether a company is
suitable or not which potentially may be damaging their reputation
(something you don't want to be doing to sponsors).

Possible text:

"Acceptance of sponsorship is at the discretion of the OSGeo Board, who
will ensure alignment with OSGeo's vision and protection of OSGeo's
reputation."

--
Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254