[Marketing] Presentation template

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 17:28:41 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 12:02 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 14 July 2017 at 19:45, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> So far I keep it simple, no backgrounds. The current state is here:
>>
>> https://ncsu-geoforall-lab.github.io/geoforall
>>

> That is beautiful work mate -

Thank you.

> not sure if you intended to share your whole talk before you give it the
> first time?

That's fine. The content now is an older presentation, but with updated
style and logos. But we work in open repos anyway.

>> So the question is: Where to put the code of the Reveal.js presentation
>> considering that there will the Reveal.js code with it and there might be
>> more non-binary templates or examples such as LaTeX Beamer?
>>

> I like the look, but I am keen on matching the look and feel of the
> presentation template provided by the designer.
>
> Have a look at the backgrounds here:
> - https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/
> presentation/template
>
> And see how custom images work here:
> - https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/presentation

Thanks. I've already seen what was linked from the website and couple of
other things including the backgrounds (thanks to Helena). But I kept the
current presentation simple. One reason being time. The other reason is
that simpler (no) background fits more with slides our group creates, so I
wanted be on brand, but at the same time very simple.

Anyway, I'm excited about the new branding and I'm willing to contribute to
the templates. Time line is unclear, but I'll be in touch.

I encountered couple of issues with the new branding and I'll post them to
this mailing list (if that's all right).

> If we can get something that looks correct we can make an "html" template,
> or even a seperate repo that people can just fork from.

A separate repository for each software/technology may be more practical
for forking and downloading, but perhaps little harder for updating (on the
other hand, you will always see how old the specific template is).

Vaclav