[Marketing] Fwd: Local Chapter logo guidance

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 07:47:18 PDT 2017

Hi all,

On 24 July 2017 at 08:03, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of the options listed think I like the OSGeo:UK logo with alternating
> colours the best. Have you considered one similar to GeoForAll - so OSGeoUK
> (the ":" is a bit distracting visually).
>
> Thank you folks for starting this off. Did you have any opinions about
> customizing the "mark" or is the default one fine?

I also wondered if using the small text "United Kingdom" rather than UK
> would work visually?

I'm not able to find previous emails about this topic, do you think all the
chapters should use for their logo the same brand of the OSGeo one?
I'm thinking to association like Italian [0] or German [1] with "long"
history and complete different logo...

[0] http://www.associazionegfoss.it/drupal/files/abac_logo.png
[1] https://www.fossgis.de/sites/default/files/logo.png

--