[Marketing] [Live-demo] FOSS4G-Europe 2017: OSGeoLive on USB stick

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 04:32:34 PDT 2017

Jody,

Prior to the marketing committee reboot, the challenges the marketing
committee (and OSGeo-Live committee) faced was finding volunteer(s) to
administer requests for budget. While there are plenty of people quite
passionate about asking for money, we found there are few volunteers
prepared to arbitrate how money is spent and then administer the money.

Cheers, Cameron

On 21/6/17 3:39 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Shifting this part of the thread to live-demo mailing list. Personally
> I like the idea of OSGeo Live getting a budget, and having one less
> thing for the FOSS4G LOC to do each year.
>
> There is nothing stopping this committee from requesting a budget at
> any point. The 2017 budget is only a guide, work with your committee
> chair and the board if there is a budget request.
>
> The volunteers on this project are what is important, if a budget can
> help, let the board do what little we can to support.
>
> Importantly just having a budget is not sufficient, a volunteer would
> be needed to handle "printing" requests and organize distribution. I
> guess it does not matter if that volunteer operates as part of the
> marketing committee or osgeo live project (there are advantages to both).
>
> On 20 June 2017 at 08:30, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
> <mailto:gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     This is a re-occuring discussion for every FOSS4G LOC :)
>     The OSGeo-Live project does not have a budget.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Angelos

Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254