[Marketing] contract review, need to approve and sign .. now?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:41:03 PDT 2017

Anyone else had a chance to read? Reading for the first time today -
initial thing I noticed was that the payment schedule has first payment
April 1st - and we have not signed the contract yet!

Here are my notes.

*Payment schedule:*
- only thing that stood out for me was €XX for "monthly technical website
support". Wonder if that is to cover communication with SAC, it was also
not clear to me if that was intended to be for the duration of the contract
or ongoing... (note answered below)

*Design*
No questions

*Graphics and Photographs*
- [x] Vector graphic format
- [x] Photographs - we have plenty from foss4g events, no need for stock.

*HTML, CSS and JavaScript*
No questinos

*Browser Testing / Mobile Browser Testing*
That is fine, a little better than expected with testing "Edge".

*Technical Support*
Okay my question is answered they run the beta site, and then help SAC
install. That is smart on their behalf so customers do not "walk off with"
assets without paying.

*Search Engine Optimization*
Just straight accessible to search engines; we will let our content do the
talking.

*Changes and Revisions*
Usual deal, if we change our mind they can quote for additional work

*Legal Stuff*
No questions.

*Intellectual Property rights*
Just a definition, why is this here? Ah a checklist:

- [x] text, images, artwork - we can handle making sure we have permission
to use this
- [x] they will assign to us IP they create during this contract ... if we
pay :)
- [x] design & visuals are now ours
- [ ] work prior/seperate to this project --> osgeo gets an unlimited
license (we need to make sure they understand that the graphical look will
end up in open source projects and we cannot have a license conflict)

*Displaying*
I am fine with them showcasing the resulting website.

*Fine Print*

The language is very clear for a contract - apparently simple works in the
Dutch courts.