[Marketing] getting ready for tomorrows meeting

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:23:15 PDT 2017

Getting ready for tomorrows meeting, assembling sample content in the OSGeo
Marketing
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B9tcuAb2ejFQb3NReFFBNWFsUnM> > UX
design
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B1D61nG9ZgtbVlBOb05OZTZtUlk>
> sample
content
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B022m344wU7hNF9rSHFkUElhRms>
folder shared with GetInteractive.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Johnson for his help/inspiration today. There
are examples for a GeoForAll lab, a local chapter, and some osgeo
projects.  We have also changed "case studies" to resources providing an
example of a case study, presentation, and so on.

I would like to draw attention to the "Choose a Technology"
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11jndM8mZ_ydsQ0wafXF9ko74pN-2zGk13MLzgZDlF7w/edit#slide=id.g21994e5412_0_0>
slide deck, an outline of a choosealicense.com interface to discovery OSGeo
(and other projects). It is working out even better then I expected and I
am quite excited. I think we can set this up so the "end" navigates to a
list of software selected by a series of tags. While we may want slightly
different summaries for each target audience I think the approach is great
(perhaps OSGeo Live wants to adopt it).

Peter Mooney is there any update on the "visitor journey" spreadsheet? We
want to be able to present the requirements for Faculty, Research and
Students.