[Marketing] Budget cycle 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 10:27:24 PST 2017

It also appeared high to me, the phrasing "maintenance and upgrades" made
it sound like infrasturcture/SAC.

Here is my thinking if we did "functionality and enhancements":

1) we have many "obvious" gaps that we missed during wireframe review (an
example is having a map for events, or the ability to filter service
providers by projects they support, etc...).'

See: https://github.com/osgeo/osgeo/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%
3Aopen+label%3Aenhancement

I would like to see the recommendation report from get interactive before
prioritizing. But I expect there will be some follow up  work here to
functionality, not content.

2) GeoForAll was responsible for a large portion of changes / communication
/ enhancements - I would consider reducing the marketing committee amount
and asking GeoForAll to set aside 5000 budget and run their own contract to
focus on GeoForAll.

And I agree SAC seems across their relationship with Get Interactive with
respect to "maintenance and upgrades".