[Marketing] component 2 review

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 21:17:13 PST 2017

Okay, got some internet connectivity, and am reviewing the component 2
delivery items:
​
 OSGeo - Project Delivery Sign-off
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RItHzHM4Ltl5UiWSH_LQRPetQdMD4sQa9LX_tYG5IpQ/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
I have raised a few issues as I go, and hope to make a motion for
acceptance once this review is complete:

   - Local Chapter Page Event listing and event calendar integration
   <https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/168>
   - Initiative Page showing resources and news
   <https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/169>
   - Downloads <https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/170>
   - Event list with calendar view
   <https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/171>
   - Partner detail page with relevant initiatives, projects and resources
   <https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/172>

In a few cases the functional may be (or may not) be present, but we lack
an example showing it working. The general weakness is integration between
pages that are expected to automatically cross link between events,
resources and news. This is an important integration point because we are
trying to post content once and have it cross-linked for discoverability
(rather than rely on manually editing pages - such as done currently for
initiatives).

Recommendation: We accept component 2 with the above known issues

I could not verify the following:

*3.3.2.18 Newsletter*
*- Subscribe / unsubscribe newsletter form;*
*- Design newsletter template;*
*- Template configuration in MailChimp.*

If someone who attended the mail chimp training could sign off on these
rows it would be appreciated.

The remaining items are pending, will wait on Alex and SAC to confirm:

   - 3.3.2.19 Integration existing LDAP registry, installation and
   configuration
   - 3.3.2.21 Installation and technical support after launching website
   - 3.3.2.22 Monitoring and reporting after launching website