[Marketing] OSGeo projects logo symbol set needed

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 22 22:05:32 PST 2017

Hello,

there are some questions left from my point of view.

1. how many icon have to be added
-------------------------------------
OSGeo general - diverse OSGeo logos: +-5 -> 5
FOSS4G already exist
Geoforall already exist
OSGeo Local Chapters 24 (not every Chapter has a logo) -> +-20
OSGeo projects 34 (counted from osgeo.org) - 24 already exist on
http://mapsk.in/ -> 10
-------------------
Total about 35 icons have to be created

2. What is needed?
----------------------
* See get involved at http://mapsk.in/get-involved/
* Someone has to search for the logos or ask the projects / chapters to
open a ticket
* Someone has to create the icon

3. What else?

Nicolas - how much bugdet do you think is needed?

Shall we make a motions:

Motion 1: Motion to use Mapskin as collection for our OSGeo logos.
Motion 2: Motion to ask for budget for 2018 to integrate missing icons
to the collection. (when budget is clear)

Astrid

Am 2017-11-22 16:22, schrieb Jeffrey Johnson:
> This is great! Would very much like to see this set include all the
> projects. We should also add the new logo and the chapter logos etc.
>
> I would be +1 on spending marketing budget to update this set to be
> kept current with branding and the entire set of projects.
>

> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 1:26 AM, Marc Vloemans
> <marcvloemans1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Nicolas et al,
>>
>> Thanks for following up so fast.
>>
>> @Nicolas; can we say that you are the ‘keeper’/responsible person for
>> this
>> initiative?
>> A little financial support by Marketing Committee for this may be
>> available
>> for cash out costs regarding mapskin. What would be cost items And how
>> much.
>> So I can put into budget 2018.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Marc Vloemans
>>

>> Op 22 nov. 2017 om 09:24 heeft nicolas bozon <nicolas.bozon at gmail.com>
>> het
>> volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Joeren,
>> Thanks for your positive feeback.
>> An issue was opened last year for the missing geonetwork icon, please
>> see:
>> https://github.com/mapskin/mapskin/issues/1
>> And it was already contributed by ErinBaker, but not yet included into
>> mapsk.in
>> It will be included in the coming next release.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Nick

>> <jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net>:
>>>
>>> Thanks Nicolas and Astrid,
>>> This is absolutely great! And great work (I indeed didn’t know of).
>>> For
>>> our purpose we can already move forward when we add GeoNetwork to the
>>> set,
>>> the others we need are already listed. Adding other missing projects
>>> and
>>> updating the OSGeo logo would make that complete indeed.
>>> I’ve added my colleague involved (Anton) in copy to take this up from
>>> our
>>> side.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jeroen