[Marketing] website partners and friends review ahead of tomorrows meeting

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 03:05:24 PDT 2017

TLDR:
- bug: partner pages show website URL in list, but not on the individual
page. Workaround is to duplicate information with a call out button.
- enhancement: several partners list more than one contract person,
template only support one
- content: contacting individual partners and board members as appropriate

Going through partner pages:

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/locationtech/

the relationship text described in the template --> is not shown anywhere!
Oh wait when I add a link URL it shows up, guess that is not supposed to be
a paragraph
- action cut and paste into the content area for now
- no facility to list projects events, added to content area

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/global-land-tool-network-gltn/
- partner link on gltn website is broken, sent email to arnulf/board

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/ica/
- added text from google doc, stole some text from the wiki to describe
osgeo relationship
- sending to helena for review

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/isprs/
- as above, sent message to maria
- link to geoforall initiative is handy here

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/lh-corp/
- unable to find appropriate sized logo, emailed sanghee
- content / description not provided, made an educated guess from wiki
- new feature request, this MOU proivdes a primary and secondary contacts
for lh-corp and osgeo

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/ucgis/
- another partner with multiple contact points
- was unable to come up with a good relationship with osgeo summary

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/agile/
- could not locate a logo on white background, results seems okay
- could not find a contact person for either agile or osgeo

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/igu/
- could not find a large logo, filled in website contact form with the
request
- was unable to link to Press Release IGU OSGeo MoU
<http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/foundation-news/osgeo-international-geographical-union-igu-sign-mou/>
(miss
the functionality when we could link to news items etc...)
- no contact points for IGU mentioned on the wiki?

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/us-doi/
<http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/us-department-interior/>
- does osgeo provide a contact person?
- contact person provided a URL (
https://www.doi.gov/ocio/about/thomas-dabolt) - we could not input this in
the form

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/stp/
- need a larger logo, perhaps osgeo india chapter can help?
- could not find link to signed MOU or news anouncement
- MOU requires contact representatives but I do not know who they are

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/osm/
- first example of a friend not a partner!

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/natural-earth/
- as above, cross linking to osgeo-live use

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/gvsig-association/
- will need some help from gvSig representative on this one
- could not find gvSig representative on our foundation officers
<http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html> -
listing Manuel Madrid now.

http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/partners/qgis-org-association/
- passing tim Tim for review