[Marketing] Budget cycle 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:38:44 PDT 2017

We should certainly budget to roll our banner and printables for local
chapters to use at regional foss4g events. I think we could estimate the
cost based on the foss4ge and foss4g events last year?

If we were bold, and had a volunteer, we could look at hiring assistance to
translate and layout A3 brochure into different languages. I expect this
would need to be by request from local chapters.  We may wish to set up a
small contract with Get Interactive for Pim's time to perform appropriate
layout on the result.

Astrid - was it you who had the idea of an osgeo-in-a-box package that
events could get printed and shipped? I would love to see this idea pursued
in 2018 (perhaps with some collaboration from OSGeo-Live for USB sticks).

We also experimented with having an OSGeo presence at industry events,
which was punishing for out budget and organizational skills. I think Guido
was a champion here in setting up opportunities, but I am not sure how to
make good on them.