[Marketing] Breakout work-party request for embedded web maps

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 08:36:58 PDT 2017

One of today's action items was:

   - Action: Jody to ask for help on these map issues again; look to set up
   a meeting with Marvin (m.binneveld at getinteractive.nl) to get these
   solved.

The embedded web-maps are getting better, but Marvin is gradually learning
web mapping step by step (the tension between using clustering to simplify
the visual vs having popups for interaction). We have a number of
outstanding mapping issues and I would like to ask for a breakout meeting
(with Marvin and community members) to help resolve.

My concern is that when the website goes live individual teams, such as
GeoForAll will replace this content with their own maps. Indeed GeoForAll
was viewing the current semi-functional map as a placeholder and not
providing any feedback.

I would rather get assistance now than watch this project be delayed over
our area of expertise as a community.

Can we brainstorm good contact points on the email thread, and then set up
a doodle poll to establish a breakout meeting time.