[Marketing] OSGeo project flyer in svg format

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Sat Sep 9 05:29:24 PDT 2017

Hello Jody,

thanks for the update.

Am 2017-09-06 22:54, schrieb Jody Garnett:
> Quick update, although you can check the meeting notes.
>
> Pim has managed to finish the choose-a-project icons and has a few
> small details for the style guide. He will be placing this material
> into google drive and we can review and copy to github (because the
> files are large I would like to minimize github commits).

Sounds good.
Could you send me the google-Drive link. So I can pick up the files.

I would like to print
* sticker
* Roll-up
* project flyer
in the next days for OSGeo Park at INTERGEO end of september.

So I need the up-to-date files for that.
For sticker - I need the files that you sended to the print company.

Marc and me decided that I print in Germany.

> As part of the delivery of printable material we will receive the
> original indesign templates (same google drive --> review --> github
> workflow).

ok

> Both Pim and Jeffrey would like to help make sure we have a workable
> solution using some open source application for generating our own
> PDFs.
>
> a) Time permitting Pim is willing to review the work you have been
> doing on the de translations
> b) Time permitting they can have a look at whatever open source
> project we use and review the templates we have created.
> - InkScape - was discussed in the meeting and on email threads, not
> sure if this is going to meet your expectations for translations
> - Scribus - was easier to manage generating PDFs, but usability was
> not the best

What does mean "time permitting" - can I contact Pim and send him the
files to check?

> Astrid we need someone on the marketing side to take a lead on this
> activity. It is sad that our top choice InkScape is not working out
> very well. Is there anything else we can consider?

We are fine with working with InkScape at the moment. It is not great
working with it but it is ok.

Astrid