[Marketing] ...and thanks for all the fish!

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:31:33 PDT 2018

Dear marketeers, promotors, champions and supporters of this community,

After some deliberations I have decided to step down as Chair of this wonderful committee. Other commitments and new challenges are calling.

At FOSS4G in Bonn I invited interested individuals to revive together the Marketing function.
Nearly two years later we can boast a wide range of collateral to support our outreach & advocacy remit, an active committee, renewed interest in organising promotional campaigns, a new brand, a revamped website, the offering of promotion packs for local chapters and - above all - a positive messaging.
And all the result of great teamwork across multiple borders, cultural divides, an ocean and various time zones.

Thank you all for an amazing journey. I had a whale of a time (did I thank for all the fish?).

I would propose that people who want to take the Marketing helm put themselves forward. As we need to choose my replacement.
However, I am not the best at this type of processes, so will take any advice as how to go about from here.

Kind regards,
Marc Vloemans