[Marketing] updated service provider instructions

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 06:09:10 PDT 2019

As requests for service provider author role come in:

1. Login to website
2. Hot tip - search user to manage roles without the wait:

https://www.osgeo.org/wp-admin/users.php?s=USERID

3. Add roles (near the bottom of their profile page)

Roles we commonly set:

For working with events, resources and local chapters:

* *author* for people that can write an event but can not publish (normally
to people that very seldom do this task)

* *editor* create and review pending events done by an author (checking
that link is ok before publishing)

For working on projects:

* *project author* for people that can write a project posts (but not
publish). Used buy project members.

* project team capability of changing roles to other users, use it wisely!

* project editor used by incubation committee members to publish projects
(confirming that they are collaborative, open source, and spatial)

For working on service provider posts:

* *service provider author* used to write service provider posts

* service provider editor used by the marketing committee to publish
service provider pages (check link is okay before publishing)

Everyone on this committee is welcome to have *service provider editor* role
(to review and approve pages when complete).

Reference: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Website#Roles