[Marketing] motion:

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:38:16 PDT 2019

Hi Marketingfolks

+1 to create the channel.

I’d also like a requirement that presenters are always able to specifically
give (or remove) permission for adding videos to youtube when signing up to
conferences.

…meaning three checkboxes seeking the permissions:
- I am happy to have my talk recorded
- I am happy to have my talk distributed via OSGeo’s non-monetised channels
- I am happy to have my talk distributed via youtube

OSGeo's other talk archiving/distribution channels are not monetised,
whereas Youtube/Google (and presumable OSGeo if the channel gets lots of ad
views) benefit financially from speakers giving their time.

Youtube is also part of the Googleverse, some people may not be comfortable
with their work being  part of the googleverse money attracting machine.

Regards

Adam

--
Dr. Adam Steer