[Marketing] Fwd: Friday black for Climate

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Fri Sep 20 07:07:58 PDT 2019

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Friday black for Climate
Date: 	Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:19:57 -0700
From: 	Brian M Hamlin <maplabs at light42.com>
To: 	marketing at lists.osgeo.org

Hi OSGeo-Marketing  -

Green marketers are backing a "climate strike" on Friday, 20sep19, which
includes many public-facing actions, symbolic or otherwise.

One marketer is writing "many websites will go dark for the
climate-strike"   (TriplePundit)

I suggest that we put a one-day "black banner" on some sites here -- it
is political, but I feel that the actual air, dirt and water that all
life depends on, transcends politics.

   a quick poll shows that there is Board support for this, little/no
downside, so let's do it.

   best regards from Berkeley, California    --Brian